Arroz con Pollo
- 1 whole chicken cut into 6 independent pieces
- 1 bag of chopped onion or red onions chopped
- 3 teaspoons of diced garlic
- 1 large portion of cilantro, blended with a little water without stems
- 1 small can of peas
- ½ cup of beer
- 3 ½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of Greek seasoning
- 2 chicken cubes
- 3 ½ of Uncle Ben’s Rice (do not wash)
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of aji panca ground
- Green limes
- Yellow aji ground
- 1 lettuce
- 1 tomato
Cut the chicken into 6 pieces, wash and dry. Fry the chicken in oil until it browns, then place in separate container.
In a Teflon pot, add oil and fry the garlic, onions, chicken cubes, aji panca, oregano, Greek seasoning, salt, cilantro, and beer.
Add the chicken pieces with a little bit of hot water, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken to a different container. Add all ingredients into an 8-cup container and fill with boiling water until reaching 7 cup mark. Bring it all to a boil. Add the rest of the salt and the rice.
Let it boil for 6 minutes and then lower the heat to minimum and let it cook for 15 minutes.
Add the peas.
Cover until rice is ready.
Place rice and chicken on a platter and sprinkle with green lime.
Add yellow aji to taste.
Decorate with lettuce and tomatoes.