Mushrooms with Booze
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2-3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons whiskey, bourbon, beer or white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (though you can use as little as 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh herb of your choice (chives, parsley, tarragon, basil, etc.) or season with onion and garlic powder
Cut the chicken into 6 pieces wash and dry. Fry the chicken in oil until it browns, then place in separate container.
In a Teflon pot, add oil and fry the garlic, onions, chicken cubes, aji panca, oregano, Greek seasoning, salt, cilantro, and beer.
Add the chicken pieces with a little bit of hot water, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken to a different container. Add all ingredients into an 8-cup container and fill with boiling water until reaching 7 cup mark. Bring it all to a boil. Add the rest of the salt and the rice.
Let it boil for 6 minutes and then lower the heat to minimum and let it cook for 15 minutes.
Add the peas.
Cover until rice is ready.
Place rice and chicken on a platter and sprinkle with green lime.
Add yellow aji to taste.
Decorate with lettuce and tomatoes.